Well obviously we were unable to update every week, our new goal will be every other Sunday for a new post. These past two weeks have been very busy, Craig and I both started flying and it sure is different flying here than what we were doing back at Fairchild! I have two weeks of flying before I am unable to fly until after the baby is born so scheduling is busy trying to fly me every day to get as much training in as they can, unfortunately on my second flight we got stuck in Osan Air Base, South Korea and I've been there for the last four days, hopefully I'll be coming home soon! While I've been in South Korea I had the chance to go on a tour of the DMZ and one of the tunnels that the North Koreans had dug in order to have a surprise attack on South Korea. The trip was really amazing and I'll post some pictures with the next blog, unfortunately non of the crew was planning on staying here overnight so nobody had they're computers or any extra clothes! So we've had to go out and buy some stuff and make do with the computer in the lobby, at least we have some internet!
While I've been gone Craig and Kamea have been busy too. Yesterday they both went whale watching with some of our friends. Craig said Kamea did great the whole trip, it was a half day trip out on the sea. She took a little snooze on the way out to the whale spots then woke up and was able to see two big whales right off the boat! Unforutnately those were the only whales they saw the whole trip but Craig said it was nice just getting out on the water and fortunately it was a great day outside. Also yesterday Kamea had her first earthquake! I got a text from Craig a little before 7am his time that said they just had an earthquake and he couldn't get back to sleep. Somehow Kamea slept through it all though, she really knows how to sleep! Fortunately everything is okay in Okinawa, they did have a typhoon or tsunami warning in affect for a little while but last I heard is that it's all okay now.
Well, I'll post more once I get back to Okinawa and can upload some pictures. We hope everyone is doing well and we'll talk to you soon! Also, we now have a stateside number so if anyone ever needs to get in touch with us just call 805-308-1955. The phone is connected through our computer so if that's not turned on then it goes straight to voicemail but we can get the message as soon as we get home and call you back.
No comments:
Post a Comment