Wow, clearly I stink at this blog stuff...I thought it'd been a few months since I last updated it, not an entire year! What a year it has been for us, here's a quick update and then fingers crossed I can get around to updating again in a month instead of twelve months!
We left off last year just after Colton was born. A few weeks after that I separated from Active Duty. It's definitely been a change from working full time to doing this SAHM (Stay At Home Mom) thing, holy cow is it exhausting and even more challenging than I ever thought but I'm so happy to be home every day with the kiddos and seeing all their milestones and activities.
 |
| Leaving for my last day of Active Duty |
Also in October, Elaine came to visit shortly after Colton was born and spent Halloween with us.
 |
| The kids loved having Grandma visit over Halloween |
In November Craig ran the Tulsa half marathon.
 |
| Kamea high-fiving Craig at the Tulsa half marathon |
In December Craig had shoulder surgery and we hung out at home for Christmas and New Year's while he recovered.
 |
| Poor Craig, he was not feeling great after the surgery |
 |
| We lucked out and had a new photographer needing some models |
In March we went skiing in Colorado with Craig's family. The kids had so much fun, the girls did ski school for five days and Hayden even had a chance to try getting on a pair of skis too!
 |
| The girls at ski school |
 |
| Hayden testing out Kamea's skis |
 |
| Cheering on Daddy at the Little Rock half marathon |
In April Craig said goodbye to the T-6 and we left our home in Enid to move out west to Palmdale, California! We lived in the TLF on base for just over a month while we had some work done on our house. Then we finally moved in to our house just in time for Craig to leave for three months back to Oklahoma for re-qual training in the KC-135.
 |
| Hayden and Ginobili with all our boxes |
 |
| Craig's fini flight |
 |
| Craig's fini cross country flight |
 |
| Trying to get a picture of all of us in front of our new house |
June, July, and August was a blur of activities. The kids and I spent most of the time in Palmdale but took a trip with Craig's mom for an awesome vacation to Illinois, Ohio, and Michigan to see a lot of family.
 |
| Laila with cousin Simoen at her wedding in Chicago |
 |
| Three cuties at my brother's wedding |
 |
| The kids loved playing outside by the lake at Great Grandma & Grandpa's house in Ohio |
 |
| The kids loved being the boat captain |
 |
| We visited family in Michigan and of course had to get some Tim Hortons! |
 |
| We spent a lot of days at the LA Zoo |
We got a ton of use out of our pool this summer, the kids were little fish!
August 6th, way too early if you ask me, the girls started Kindergarten.
 |
| First day of Kindergarten for the girls |
Craig finished Altus in mid September and the kids have been attached to him ever since he got home.
 |
| The kids couldn't wait for Craig to be home for good |
 |
| The kids have been snuggling with him ever since he got home |
And here we are a whole year later, Colton just turned one yesterday and, even though it seems like a years worth of stuff when I write it all down and look through the pictures, I just cannot believe how fast this year went by! Now that I've summed up the whole year can this count for my Christmas update?
 |
| This big guy is such a goofball and so happy all the time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment